From time to time, we may collect or ask you to provide personal information including (without limitation) the following: your username, gender, email address, password, IP address, unique device identifiers and other identification credentials and biographical details.
Please note that, with your consent, we will collect information about your location and physical movements in order for the SportE App to function properly and monitor and verify forms of eligible movement. You may turn location monitoring on and off from time to time using the settings of your operating system of your mobile device but, if you disable this functionality, we will not be able to collect information relating to your step-count and GPS/Cell-ID location which will prevent tracking and/or conversion of your movement into SET/SPE tokens.
We may use your personal data to:
- 1.provide the services;
- 3.verify your physical movement and location and issue SET/SPE tokens on the basis of this verified data;
- 4.market our services to you;
- 5.analyse the usage of, and improve the Services;
- 6.perform market and customer research;
- 7.investigate and/or prevent suspected fraud or other criminal activities;
- 8.correct errors and problems with the Services;
- 9.operate the SportE Marketplace;
- 10.create Marathon Leaderboards of players, comprising all players or players meeting particular criteria;
- 11.and/or investigate disputes between players.
Your personal data will be kept only for as long as is necessary. We take reasonable industry-standard care in keeping all our data secure and in preventing any unauthorised access or unlawful use of it. All personal data we store and process is handled strictly in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
Certain of your personal data may be shared with other players of the SportE App as part of the normal operation of the Services. Additionally, we may, from time to time, expand or withdraw our business which may involve the transfer of certain divisions or assets of the Company to other parties, and the data we store and use, where relevant, may be transferred to such third parties. From time to time we may also transfer the data we store and use to locations outside the European Economic Area, some of which may have different data protection laws to the UK or the EU. In all such cases, we transmit such information only to entities that comply with this policy and applicable law.
- 1.You have the right to change your personal information we hold about you.
- 2.You have the right to ask us about the personal information we hold about you and to request a copy of your personal information. You can exercise your right to access this information by emailing [email protected], with the subject ‘data access request’.
- 3.You have the right to delete your account and any personal information we hold on you.
- 4.You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing (i.e. “opt out”) by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of our marketing emails or by emailing [email protected], with the subject ‘unsubscribe’.
The types of cookies we may use include:
- 1.Analytical/Tracking Cookies, which allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and analyse use of the Services, as well as to verify transactions; and
- 2.Advertising and Retargeting Cookies, which allow us to generate appropriate advertising directed to you on the SportE Website as well as on the SportE App.